Thursday, December 26, 2013

Commencing


New blog.

I’ve never blogged before.  Seems to be pretty popular though.  I have kept a journal most of my life.  I say most because sometimes I go weeks between journal entries and other times I make an entry more than once a day.  I used to write in my journal as if someone would someday read it.  What a silly idea.  However, if I move into blogging, I guess there is room for someone to read my writings and hear my thoughts now.  I think that makes me a little nervous.  I want to be completely real and yet I don’t.  I am afraid of what people think of me.

If I am 100% honest I wanted to hide my identity so I can be 100% honest... but that is not honest, is it?  Haha.... oh dear.  So here it goes.  My name in the title and web address.... (grin)

My life is full of explorations.  Some people love and support me for it and some don’t.  Everyone is free to have their own opinions, I guess.  But I want everyone to like me and think I am a good person.  However, I can’t have that and be 100% honest about who I am and what I do and what I think.  Because let’s be honest here (haha) I am human and I am far from perfect.  And it’s great!  I love it!  .... sometimes.   :P   And "good" who really and truly knows what "good" is anyways?

I am a huge advocate for self-betterment.  If I could be perfect, I would.  I’ve tried to be perfect in many ways and in different times throughout my life.  I am coming to realize that I can be nothing but myself.  I was created as Erica Ochs, so why should I be anything else?

So my blog, Erica Ochs’ mind in words, commencing and flowing forth from this day forth in complete and raw honesty.

Welcome to a space that is sometimes pleasant and sometimes not.





8 comments:

  1. Full support Erica! Very excited to keep reading :) Give us 100% Erica!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, scary... I have a hard time knowing how I want to be on my blog. Same problem. So much support! And I'm learning, even tho it's still scary, that being fully myself is better for everyone. Let those who don't like you the way you are not like you, and those that do, will be so grateful and inspired by you! You know I'm a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erica you've inspired me

    I miss you, love and appreciate you and there needs to be more of that going around!

    I fell out of the Facebook crowd but I am still compelled by others to share thoughts. I heard about your online adventures and had to see for myself. I LOVE IT!

    So much so that I'm starting my own

    Thank you!

    Stay classy and keep smiling :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how I can find your blog. and thank you so much Kyle.

      It feels so nice to be real and I'm excited to see where it takes me.

      Delete
    2. And I'm excited to see where it take you :D

      Delete
    3. kylereedevans.blogspot.com

      :D

      Delete