Monday, May 26, 2014

I love working at my coffee shop

I woke up this morning so groggy.  I’ve been working 6 days a week anywhere between 40 and 50 hours, which in all honesty is perfect.  It affords me time to hang out with my roommates and friends, I can go to the local brewery and listen to live music and still do all the yard work and house cleaning that I must do to keep my rent low.

However, I am tired sometimes.  And this morning was one of those tired times.  I even had a couple shots of espresso, and still I’m groggy.  I have been playing with the idea that I hide from my emotions by sleeping...  So whenever I get tired/exhausted/sleepy, I’ve been checking in with myself to see if there is something that I’m feeling that is not quite present to my conscious mind.  And more often than not I realize that I am sad or frustrated or angry at some thing or another. 

When I am emotional it’s so nice to have someone to talk to or in my case to hash out why I am indeed feeling emotional.  It’s also nice to be reminded to stay present in the moment and feel those emotions.  The coffee shop affords me both of these things.  I must stay present in order to know what I’m doing and remember drinks and do them well.  But I also, LOVE how many friends, old and new, come into the coffee shop and chat with me.  I love when they sneak behind the counter to give me a hug.  I love when they tell me I look nice today.  And I love when they sit and chat with me at the counter between customer rushes, and I love the conversations we have.  Thank you to everyone who comes and sits and chats with me at the Backcountry Coffee :)  <3

Another reason I love working at the coffee shop is that I love to make latte art and to make my drinks super tasty! 


I’m not this good yet, but these are things I aspire too! 







No comments:

Post a Comment