Sunday, September 7, 2014

I'll trade traffic for the beach, please!

Good morning!

Sunrise was awesome... I was too groggy to think about taking pictures... so here's a pic with the sun blaring instead!

This is the bay near the beach where we went.


Woke up at 5:55 and headed to the "wedge".

They call it the wedge because of the way the land makes the surf come in.  It lends itself to waves that run diagonal to the beach.


There is a storm off the coast of mexico that is sending some good surf up our way... or perhaps scary surf is more like it!  :P

This picture isn't the greatest quality but that's what I get for having an ancient, nearly-dumb phone lol

I spent a couple hours exploring the beach areas and the places to surf.  The wedge was so cool.  There were a lot of people out to watch the guys drop in on some fairly big surf.  I'm sure it's not the biggest but it was the biggest I've seen, which isn't saying much since I grew up in a land locked state.  haha

This was my first "surfing lesson".  If I'm going to learn how to surf I gotta know what I'm getting myself into and what this even looks like in person rather than on tv or cartoons, like "Rocket Power"!

I learned to be able to hang with the guys on my snowboard.  I learned to hang with the guys in the weight room.  And I think I'm gonna try to learn to hang with the guys in the ocean too...

There are no girls out there as far as I could tell, and believe me, I was looking.
I've decided to look at places to live in Huntington Beach as opposed to LA.  I'm trading the traffic for the beach.


I'm loving this idea.  It will be like I live in perma-vacation.  You all will have to come and visit me.

We have just filled out an application for our 3rd place.  You know what they say, the 3rd times the charm.  This townhouse is located a mile from the beach and about the same to downtown.  It's a beautiful place, keep your fingers crossed for us!

Much love,
Signing off!



No comments:

Post a Comment