Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Dancing with Energy (part 2)


Friday night I was absolutely beaming with joy as I finally felt my feet, body, soul and heart soar through musical bliss.  I had the capacity to play with my energy in whatever way I felt and however I was moved.  And then came Saturday night.  I was exhausted, though still determined to dance all night again.  (I succeeded in dancing until 5:45 am!)  But my energy games changed tactics.  These tactics carried into Sunday as well.

I am happy for the lessons that came through my tiredness.  Instead of doing “energy work”, I became “energy flow”.  When I typically "do" energy work, I set intentions and visualize and intuit and focus and feel and manipulate and do what I “think” may be for the best........  WHO AM I TO DECIDE WHAT’S BEST??? 

In being tired I was able to get out of the way.  I opened myself up fully and took on the roll of observer.  I watched and did what I felt led to do in that moment and nothing more.  I had no plans of setting intentions, manipulating anything or “trying” or “playing” with anything.  I simply existed and observed.

Being in the moment.  Following the flow without judgment and without my ideas of what I think should be.  I think that’s where the real power of God is to be found.  That’s where the fun and adventure lie.  I’m excited to continue to play with this idea on and off the dance floor.

In regards to my dancing and my style:
I decided to start playing with the idea that my body knows how to move and my posture will be fine if I quit trying so hard.  I have enough of the foundations to let everything go.  I started to watch my energy flow through my body instead and find ways to let it flow the way it desired.  I watched to see if I was holding myself in tension anywhere and would release it, that is, if it wanted to be released.  (Granted tension and tone being two different things)  I found as I did this, my lower back and knees didn’t hurt as badly as they usually do after a full weekend of dancing.  (Can I just say that I danced about 22 hours this weekend?  And that was only dancing... if I did classes it would have maybe doubled.  Good lord, I love it!)  I also found that I was also releasing judgment for my dancing and my partner's.  I was unintentionally freeing us both up to enjoy ourselves to the fullest... at least from my rose colored perspective :)

Needless to say, this weekend was absolutely full of lessons that I can translate to life in general and also any sort of connection through relationship.  I had an amazing weekend and I haven’t even touched on the spectacular dances I had with some beautiful leads (and follows)!!  I could write another few blogs just bragging on the people in this community and how awesome their spirits are and how great their dancing is.  But I will leave you to come and experience that for yourselves or perhaps a different blog at a different time.

To any dancer that reads this post, thank you!  You are amazing and inspire me to be a better person and dancer!  I am genuinely completely thrilled that I have the opportunity to connect with the beautiful and bright soul that you are.

Peace and Love,
Signing out.



No comments:

Post a Comment