Saturday, January 11, 2014

Find Me at a Coffee Shop


Today I have planned all day to write and read.  Read novels and school books.  Write blogs and journal.  I have traveled to Denver on snowy roads full of traffic that made a 4-hour trip take 8 hours and I am at a blues dance event with some of the best dancers this country has to offer.  Dancing by night resting by day.  Beautiful.  Feeding my soul.


My grandmother passed away last weekend.  For the last two weeks I have been busy (I might even say overwhelmed) with family, emotions, work and other obligations.  Finding few hours for myself.  I would not have changed that for anything.  Family is important, regardless of how families are sometimes viewed.  I’ve heard it said that families are an accident of birth.  If that’s the case, it’s the best accident that’s ever happened to me!

Needless to say, I was exhausted after 2 weeks of keeping up the pace I did.  I have done my mourning as completely as I need to right now.  My grandmother’s love-filled funeral was on Thursday followed by a beautiful celebration of life party for a dear soul mother we all call Mama Laura.  Between the two gatherings, enough tears fell to clean my soul, heart and aura.  It was beautiful and painful, lovely and sweet.  I was absolutely blown away by how people showed up to support both my family and Mama Laura’s.  People are beautiful. 

These last two weeks have opened my eyes even more to the treasure of life and the people in it.  My grandmother passed away and I felt like I had said everything I needed to and I know she knew I loved her and thought her wonderful and I know that she loved me more than I understand.  I am so thankful that I had the opportunity to speak with her at the hospital even while she was in a coma.  Not everyone can say that business is finished between them and a deceased loved one.  I hope to live so that I feel that way about everyone I care about and come into contact with.  If I am to never see them again, then I will know that I did what I could to love.  

No comments:

Post a Comment