Friday, August 15, 2014

Patience is a virtue.... so they say.

I'm in a little tavern about a mile down the road from the Lookout Arts Query.  I feel as if I am in a totally different world here.... because I am.  One mile down the road the forest is alive with friendly, dancing, hippy, building, fun-loving people milling around doing what they do.  A dome was errected today near our epic outdoor kitchen where I climbed about 20ft off the ground to tether tarps for shade and rain protection.  We are planning on hanging a net in the top of our dome for cuddling and a makeshift dance floor below so we can dance under worn out, cuddling dancers and the stars.  There is a swimming hole on the other side of the road where people swim with the giant bullfrog tadpoles and jump off the 40 (ish) foot cliff to their delight (my terror).  Down the road is a warehouse with a springy dance floor that we dance in by night and the Query Folk do ariel silks by day.  Up the road is where my tent is.  It is placed next to a hammock which is strung 2 feet from a cliff edge over looking the swimming hole about 100 feet below.

And here I am in a tavern, internet, beer (so lovely), turkey and mashed potatos, a big screen tv airing a football game and me.  Not as magical.  But feels good to go for a walk and do a little introspection.

I am not going to Central America... have I said that yet in my blogs??  (i'm too lazy to go check right now)

So I'm trying to figure out what to do now.  The Northwest Blues Recess ends in about 3 days and I'm not sure what I'm going to do then.  I bought a one-way ticket to Seattle thinking I would be heading to C.A. from here.  So I have no car, no plans, and no idea as to what I want to do.  If nothing turns up in the next couple of days, then I will find a way back to Colorado and retrieve my car and figure out what to do from there.  I would like to travel still. But I don't want to deplete my savings.  Perhaps I'll find a job in another country or maybe I'll join peace corps.  Or who knows.

What I do know:
I want to be making money.
I want to work as a healer.
I want to follow Creator.
I want to learn more about healing.
I want people I love around me.
I don't want to be in western Colorado any more than I absolutely have to.
I want to learn aerial silks.
I want to create a life that I'm thrilled about.

Patience.  Patience is a virtue.  I sure hope so, because I am constantly reminding myself to take deep breathes and let go of the need to know what's going to happen.

View from the hammock on the edge :)  There is a floating dance floor down in the query.

No comments:

Post a Comment